Grayscale Bitcoin Trust BTC
GBTC - Cryptocurrency
GBTC is a statutory trust that seeks to track the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index, a leading reference for the price of Bitcoin. Investments in GBTC are appropriate for those seeking long-term growth through exposure to Bitcoin. Unlike an ETF, there is no efficient creation and redemption mechanism for GBTC. As a result, the price of GBTC may be substantially higher or lower than the value of the assets it holds, and substantially more volatile than the price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has historically been much more volatile than other investments, and unlike most other investments, cryptocurrencies are subject to additional risk from electronic attacks. GBTC trades over the counter rather than on an exchange, and may have higher costs associated with trading than ETFs.
GBTC isn’t eligible for Tax-Loss Harvesting, since we can’t find a viable alternate fund.
- Price$19.19as of 04:00 PM EDT, 09/29/2023
- Risk ratingVery highWe base risk ratings on the volatility, or the size and frequency of price fluctuations, of the investment. Typically, a more volatile investment has a higher risk rating.
- Expense ratio2.00%The percentage of fund assets used to cover operating expenses and management fees.
- 52-week high$21.88The highest share price in the past year.
- 52-week low$7.46The lowest share price in the past year.
- Dividend yieldThe average percentage of dividends paid relative to the share price over the past year.
- Net assets$16.76BThe total value of all assets held by the fund.
- Volume2,731,477The average trading volume over the past 90 days.