Wealthfront Copyright Infringement Policy
Policy Effective Date: October 19, 2010
Wealthfront Inc. (“Wealthfront”) respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Wealthfront will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement on the Wealthfront website (the “Site”) or through the Wealthfront services that are reported to Wealthfront’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample Notice below. Wealthfront does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Site and will, if properly notified that files infringe a copyright, remove or disable access to such files. Wealthfront reserves the right to remove or disable access to files or links to allegedly infringing material without prior notice, to the extent it is technologically possible given the nature of the Site.
Notice: If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site or Wealthfront services by completing the following DMCA notice (“Notice”) and delivering it to Wealthfront’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of a Notice, Wealthfront will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
Counter Notice: Once an appropriate Notice of claimed infringement is received, Wealthfront will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA, which set forth a notice and takedown procedure, subject to the alleged infringer’s right to submit a counter-notification claiming lawful use of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed. Please note that any Notices or counter notices received may be sent to Wealthfront’s legal advisors.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or activity you claim is infringing and provide a description of where the infringing work is located, including, at a minimum, the URL or other location where that material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Wealthfront’s Designated Copyright Agent:
203 Forest Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301