Policy Effective Date: June 8, 2012
This document describes how we treat personal information when you use Wealthfront Inc.’s products and services on its website and related websites.
What is Wealthfront?
- Wealthfront restricts access to non-public personal information about Users to certain Wealthfront employees who require that information in order to maintain and operate the Site. Wealthfront may ask you for additional personal information, such as your name or picture, in order to provide personalized services to you. Wealthfront stores, processes, and maintains data related to you in order to provide its products and services through the Site. Wealthfront’s uses for this data are described below.
- When you use the Site, Wealthfront’s servers automatically record certain information about your use of the Site. Similar to other web services, Wealthfront records information such as browsing activity, data displayed or clicked on (such as UI elements, ads, and links), and other information (such as browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, and referrer URL). Along with cookies, Wealthfront may also use third-party tracking technology, such as Google Analytics, to record similar information regarding you and your activity on the Site.
- Wealthfront is not directed to anyone under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
Use of Information
- Wealthfront maintains and processes your Wealthfront account and its contents to provide Wealthfront’s products and services to you and to improve our services.
- Wealthfront’s servers process the information you provide to Wealthfront for various purposes, including but not limited to formatting and displaying your information, delivering related content, sharing community information, and other purposes relating to the Site.
- If you are a Client, Wealthfront may also process information for performing trades for your account, investing activity in your account and/or calculating your portfolio performance.
- Wealthfront may send you information related to Wealthfront services, the blog, or your account if you are a Client. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the communications.
Information Sharing and Onward Transfer
- You understand and agree that any personal information that you provide through the Site and explicitly agree to share publicly might be made publicly available in Wealthfront’s discretion, and that other Users may use and reproduce such. We have no control over the use by other Users of the information that you voluntarily disclose to Wealthfront for this purpose or to the public in general.
- Wealthfront maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard Users’ non-public personal information.
Special Rules for the Use and Sharing of Information of Clients
- If you wish to become a Client, we will ask you for certain information, including, but not limited to, your full legal name, contact information, birth date, SSN, citizenship, investment objectives, approximate net worth, and other regulatory disclosures that may be necessary. We require such information in order to be able to provide our services to Clients in accordance with the rules of regulatory bodies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA. You may choose not to provide such information to us, but you will not be able to become a Client.
- We may share the information required to become a Client with our brokerage partner solely for the purpose of allowing our brokerage partner to provide services to you.
- You may request deletion of personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us enough information to identify your account and prove that you are the owner of the identified account. We will endeavor to act on these deletion requests as soon as reasonably practicable. Deletions take effect when we act on them. Residual information related to your account may remain for some time on our servers. If you are a Client you may request that we remove your personal information, and we will do so as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may retain such information, as well as any data related to your trades, in accordance with applicable laws. In no case will we share any individual trading data unless required by regulators or other government bodies.
- You may decline to provide personal information to Wealthfront. Declining to provide personal information may disqualify you for Wealthfront services and Site features that require certain personal information.
Changes to this Policy
- You can also contact Wealthfront by phone at 650.249.4258 or via physical mail at:
203 Forest Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301